BABY SLING FIT WORKOUTS ON-LINE
We are thrilled to be launching our on-line Baby Sling Fit workouts for Mums to do in the comfort of their own home. Our classes in Milton Keynes are fun, social, uplifting and strength building. All our Mums and their babies are important to us and we thrive on ensuring they leave each and every class feeling energised, stronger, calmer and have had a lovely time with their baby.
Working out at home…
Working out at home doesn’t give you the social element that we love, but we know many mums have days / weeks where they are just unable to leave the house or are busy just getting through. So, having an on-line opportunity to stop for a few minutes and take some ‘Me’ time is critical. That’s what Baby Sling Fit online is all about.
Our home workouts for new mums – designed for all fitness levels have demonstrations of each exercise that you can practice with your baby so that when you do a workout you know what you are doing and how to exercise safely. We have workouts for 5 minutes – 30 minutes so you can fit in something for you even on a busy day!
Our Starting Back To Fitness is a great place to start, as it helps you learn what your body is able to do and you can build your strength and confidence from there.
We have workouts for Mums with babies as young as 6/7 weeks (as long as you are signed off by your doctor!) up to 12 months with or without your baby in a baby sling. We offer a full rounded low impact, strength building, postnatal workout that you will enjoy and you can pick and choose your favourites and repeat play as you go!
Our Baby Sling Fit Classes advocate and work closely with the NHS guidelines on Keeping fit and healthy with a baby. Here is a little snippet from www.nhs.uk to show you that keeping fit is a great way to maintain a healthy mind and body during a year of massive change. .
The NHS keeping fit and healthy with your baby, your pregnancy and baby guide…
Exercising after having a baby
When you’re feeling tired, being active may seem like the last thing you need. But regular activity can relax you, keep you fit and help you feel more energetic. It can also help your body recover after childbirth and may help prevent postnatal depression.
When can I start exercising after birth?
- If you had a straightforward birth, you can start gentle exercise as soon as you feel up to it. This could include walking, gentle stretches, pelvic floor exercises and deep stomach exercises.
- It’s usually a good idea to wait until after your six-week postnatal check before you start any high-impact exercise, such as aerobics or running.
- If you exercised regularly before giving birth and you feel fit and well, you may be able to start earlier. Talk to your midwife, health visitor or GP.
- If you had a caesarean, your recovery time will be longer, so talk to your midwife, health visitor or GP before starting anything too strenuous.
- What should I be aware of before exercising?
- Your lower back and core abdominal muscles may be weaker than they used to be.
- Your ligaments and joints are also more supple and pliable in the months after birth, so it’s easier to injure yourself by stretching or twisting too much.
- Don’t rely on your pre-pregnancy sports bra. Your back and cup size are likely to have changed, so get measured for a new one.
- How do I know if I’m overdoing exercise after having a baby?
- If your postnatal bleeding (lochia) gets heavier or changes colour (becomes pink or red) after activity, you could be overdoing it. You’re also likely to feel very tired.
- Listen to your body. Pace yourself and make sure you get plenty of rest, too.
Come and join our online classes for only £9.99 a month.
If you JOIN NOW on our 3 month subscription you get a FREE Bambalino Baby Sling worth £49.99 (which is our recommended baby sling).
So there is no reason not to sign up and enjoy the benefits of working out with your baby. Become a #BSFMUM today and Let’s Get Fit Together!